This poor guy went to the doctor complaining of stomach pain and itchy skin and, when he was examined, doctors discovered that his body was riddled with tapeworms. Doctors at Guangzhou No. 8 People’s Hospital in Guangdong Province in eastern China told the man it was likely he picked up the parasites by eating slices of raw fish, called sashimi.
As long as the infection does not reach the unidentified man’s brain, he is expected to live.
Infestations of this type – though rarely of this severity – are on the rise around the world.